Thursday, November 19, 2009

Roughing It - Homemade Laundry Soap 1.0, The Review

Sorry for my long absence, faithful readers! I had a busy week or so!
Okay Folks, here it is: The long promised homemade detergent review:

The recipe I used gets 6 stars out of 5 for cost effectiveness,
but only a 4 out of 5 for performance. I find that it works fine on most stuff, but for the really dirty (like pretty much anything a baby touches), it needs a boost. I had a box of oxy clean on hand and a scoop of that made a big difference. Seeing as oxy clean recommends a scoop in every load anyways, you could argue that the handmade detergent is fine, but I am going to try a new recipe when I run out.

Recommendation: If you want to give it a try, use a different recipe than I did, or wait for me to find a better one! I did read somewhere that adding extra washing soda boosts the cleaning power, so I am going to try that when I run out of oxy clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment