Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kids Swap - The Big Red Barn

In Chilliwack as you head west there is a big red barn. Further out there is a big yellow barn. Believe it or not, these are actual terms of direction. As in, "You know, the exit by the big yellow barn." Please, no female driver jokes.
Anyways - yesterday was my first ever kids swap at the big red barn. I've heard about it MANY times from other mom's as the IT place to pick up hot stuff on the cheap - but I am either hopelessly out of touch with current events (actually, that's a fair accusation) or the organizers are crap at advertising. I was filling up with gas early Saturday morning, when a hand written sign on poster board let me know that I was at that very moment missing the kids swap.
So I popped in later when I had a few minutes. I was warned that all the good stuff goes quick, so I can't say what I missed - but I was very pleased and tempted beyond what I expected. However, I didn't loose control and only walked out with a few things that I had been wanting to buy anyways.
So, would you like to know the score?
For the grand total of $11, I got an outdoor swing (the kind you install from a tree branch or under your deck), one of those little four wheel trucks that toddlers can ride - Pooh theme with all of the musical buttons, etc. still in good working order, and (my favorite) one of those little popcorn 'vacuums'.
There were loads of clothes and toys and strollers that ranged from almost new prices to dirt cheap.
I will definitely attend next chance I get, and I highly recommend to the local girls that they do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment