Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Staying Home

Today I saved money by loving my home life.
Lately I have been avoiding my house. As a stay at home mom, thats a bit of a problem.
But this morning, I dove into domesticity with nary a second thought.
I made laundry soap and scrubbing powder.
I made the best ever Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
I cleaned, did laundry and organised.
I played good music and put Cranberry Clementine in my diffuser (oh, heavenly).
I gathered props for the skit on Friday night.
I drank coffee from my favorite mug, and read "The Message" to my daughter.

Finding contentment in the Everyday is a very sure way to save money, but a bit tricky to do.
I find that if I put on music that encourages me, light a candle (or a diffuser) and have a few minutes of quiet time to order my inner world, everything lines up and my day falls into place.
What works for you?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, this post felt like a warm blanket on a cold day.
    Lately, running beside the ocean & coming home to a big bowl of pasta and a few episodes of f.r.i.e.n.d.s seems to do the trick for calming inner turmoil and enjoying life without spending money :)

    ReplyDelete