Friday, June 11, 2010

Father's Day on The Cheap

Hi Friends.
Yesterday I made up my Father's Day Plan.
Experience has taught me that the only way to save money on special occasions is to PLAN AHEAD. This prevents a flurry of second guessed guilt spending the day before said event. I have drawn up a meal plan with recipes, a schedule of events (including a wake up time for me, because if I don't get up early AIN'T any of it going to happen) and a gift list.
If you are trying to find ideas yourself, the internet is a very helpful place - but if you don't have the time to look, I will try to help you out a little.

Questino's To Ask Whilst Planning Fathers Day:
1) What does my man enjoy?
2) What are his favorite foods?
3) What is my budget?
4) How much effort can I put in?

For us, I have time but not much $$$ to invest.
My man enjoys the outdoors and quality time with those he loves.

SOoooo...
I am going to start the day with a very special family breakfast: I have written to the other side of the world and got his mum's much raved about pancake recipe. Once he's off to work, I will prep lunch and get the rest of us off to church. We'll have a family lunch, then nap - and then a family bike ride through some local nature trails. Then dinner with friends on a farm.
For his gift I am making these cute magnets (possibly as tacks) for his work office, and getting everyone from the family to draw him a picture or make him a note. These little love offerings will all be placed in a "King Of The Day" box. And I will make a card out of stuff I have laying around.

This plan is simple and will cost me a grand total of $2.50.
And THATS how you do it on the cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment