Friday, June 4, 2010

Shoe Love

Alright, if I haven't confessed it yet to you, it must be known that I have a problem with shoes.
I can never get enough of them.
This month we are REALLY trying not to spend money on extras, so I have not spent any unnecessary money except for buying me and a friend coffee, permissible because the last two weeks combined I have spent $60 less on groceries than I normally would in one week (the pantry and fridge are starting to look bare). But last night I went second hand shopping with said friend, and did completely okay until we hit the shoes. 
Shimmery, mint green, peep toe flats. 
Cranberry leather & wood strappy clogs. 
Sweating, I called my husband. 

And for the first time in my married life, he told me to come home without the shoes. 

Luckily, after I had put both pairs back on the rack and was waiting at the till for my friend to purchase her items, I thought to look if I had any VV coupons. Which I did. 
Which was for the exact price of the green flats, if I put them on my friends bill.
Which she generously allowed. 
And WALLLA!
Free shoes!
Yay coupons!

PS - You get VV coupons by buying thier calendar in December each year. They have a monthly coupon that is usually pretty good: buy 4 items get the 5th free, spend $100 get $50 off, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment