Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sock Agony Shpinkter Tightening

Today I went to Walmart to purchase both of my children socks. We are usually given everything we need second hand or as gifts - but I realized last week that my daughter only had about three or four pairs of socks that fit and my son a single mint green pair that were getting small.
Luckily, in the mail yesterday I received a belated birth gift of $20, so I knew exactly what to do with it. Socks. Thank you, O sender of cash. You can buy most anything second hand, but socks are a hard sell because they have no sizes written on them.
To Walmart we went, where I surprised myself by spending a half hour agonizing over which 'value pack' would fit longest-not wear through-be fashionable-and not cost the world. It was only later, as I drove home, that I started contemplating just how much I dislike being in the kind of financial place where the purchase of socks can make me sweat - can I get an AMEN?

So as you purchase your school supplies and lunch supplies and back to school clothes and start lessons and sports and activities and clubs, all under the looming expenses of a nearing Christmas, know that you are not alone. I bet if there was a study about such things, findings would indicate straight across the board that everyone's shpinkter is about 4mm tighter this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment