Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Setbacks

Okay, so there are many reasons I have been such an infrequent blogger this month - but the most important one is... (sigh) our tax return.
I think it's important to share defeat as well as victory with you, my friends.
I have been counting on throwing a couple of extra payments on our mortgage this year (as is a responsible and LOVELY thing to do) with that tax return. For months I have been dreaming about watching that enormous number shrink a little bit extra this April. But as enormous as our tax return is this year, I don't think that we are going to do it.
Why?
Car repair $350
New tires ? (I was told $600)
Get Will & Power of Attorney $400
...
and the list goes on.
So I have been dreading posting, not because I feel like a failure, but because somedays this money thing seems impossible to get ahead in and posting about saving $5 on toddler shoes or cheap beef just seems a bit trite.
It seems silly to be so disappointed about not being able to make extra mortgage payments, but you know how you get your heart set on something?
And (oh, the horror of typing this out), yesterday our groceries cost me $200. It was like watching a car accident. We were just out of so much stuff...
So I post, dear friends, so that when you have a month of enormous unexpected bills and expenses, you will know you are in good company (with me).

No comments:

Post a Comment