Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shopping Around, Internationally

We are going to visit one of my favorite people in Washington this weekend - and her mommy of course! One of my dearest friends moved to the States a few years ago for the love of her man, and in order to have any proper girl time, one of us has to make a road trip. I could pretend that this is a bad thing, but I happen to LOVE Walmart in the States. And Joanne's; my word, any other crafters out there?
So we are heading down tonight, and tomorrow we SHOP!
In times past, I would shop for clothes and girly stuff, but since we are homeowners now, our shopping is going to look a little different. For example, we are going to check out lawn mowers. Sexy, no? And I need new foundation, and I am wondering if it's cheaper there (my mom got me hooked on some really nice expensive stuff, but if it isn't cheaper in the States, I am going to try a cheap brand [shhh... don't tell]). If you stay 48 hours or more, the duty free limit is $450 - surely a lawnmower and some make up will be far less than that!
If you live close to the border like us, it's well worth the hour drive... I will let you know what we save!

2 comments:

  1. Victoria,
    Canadian Liquidators behind Stream in Chilliwack, I bought my lawnmower there for 125 dollars brand new. The same one in Sears was over 400 and I couldn't even tell you what was wrong with it.

    lots of things I will buy in the states but some items are just as easy to find close to home.
    Have a great time in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria,
    I was wrong it isn't Canadian Liquidators, its New Country Appliances on Yale Road down from Steeltec. Canadian Liquidators was great for the crib but New Country Appliances was the stove, washer and dryer, food processor and lawnmower :)
    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete