Saturday, April 3, 2010

Baby Saving 2.0

Since I've been working a fair bit these last two weeks, I've been scrambling to find free child care. I have a few faithful friends who are more like family, really, and for the most part they've been able to cover most of my shifts, and gladly which is a real bonus. But I didn't want to stretch anyone too thin, so I tried to find a sitter.
Luckily, I know another SAHM who's pinching her pennies, so I asked her. And she said?
Keep your money. Let's swap hours. I'll watch yours if you watch mine later.
Genius.
We all have heard about swapping hours for dates or what have you, but I just hadn't done it yet. So for the very few of you, if any, who haven't heard the idea yet, I thought I would post.
It's an especially great idea for those of us who don't have grandparents near by who are itching to babysit.

No comments:

Post a Comment