Friday, October 23, 2009

Tried and Tested Homemade Baby Wipes

Good Morning, my partners in crime.
I recently made a friend online named Jenni, and for being my first customer ever on etsy, she will go down in history as a "Lovely Person" (she even shouted me out on her blog:
{I am so flattered}).
She's been reading the new blog, and has this to share with us:

Also I saw you started a new blog and yesterdays post was very touching. My sister has made homemade baby wipes and swears by them. 1 Tbsp baby oil, 1 Tbsp baby wash, 1 cup water and place in container with paper towels, the best is the select a size kind like bounty though they are a bit more...but you can buy in bulk. Also there are other recipes but this is the one she uses!
I forgot to add my sister wasn't sure about the recipe for wipes the amount of water, it may need more. Some other recipes use more water and essential oils instead. The reason she swears by it is the baby oil moisturizes and protects. I guess regular wipes have alcohol and who wants to put that on a baby's bum? A little background on why she tried it, she had a tight budget and had gone shopping for groceries only to realize she was out of wipes after getting home. So she looked up a recipe and made do with ingredients on hand. Hooray for frugality and necessity.

I am thinking that you could use one of the wipes containers (I love the pampers ones, with the soft rubbery dispenser top) you've used up already (maybe that goes without saying?). I will look into the cost effectiveness of this option and post a review for us all.

A word on homemade stuff.
A lot of people seem to think it's just 'too hard' for 'too little pay off'. But I wanted to say that it's one of those things that only seems too hard until you actually do it - take, for instance, the laundry soap. I procrastinated for a week, dreading how long it was going to take. And you know what? It took less than a half an hour of easy work! It's harder to make lunch. And the powder formulas take a fraction of even that! I was looking at the detergents in the laundry isle yesterday, and the cheapest 64 load bottle was around 10 bucks. Just think about that - I saved NINE DOLLARS (a 90% off sale is almost unheard of)!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAYYYYYY! So I just want to encourage you that it's not hard.

Would it help if I started a 5 star system? Like when I review a homemade recipe, I can rate the cost effectiveness, the easiness, the effectiveness of the product?

Okay - and a tip from one of my FAVORITE readers, a slow cooker blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/save-money-by-using-your-crockpot-slow.html
I am linking you straight to the post on cheap slowcooking, because as she writes, doing new recipes all the time gets expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment