Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheap Date (You FLoosY)

I find that one of the hardest parts of being on a budget is the lack of money for dates. Before we had kids, or before we were married, we thought nothing of going out to dinner, picking up Starbucks and hitting a late movie. Sounds pretty harmless, eh? But dinner out is going to cost you around $40. Starbucks will cost  you from $5-$10 and two movie tickets will cost you about $20. Thats a date that costs $70. Ouch. If only I had known.
So I have been compiling a list of free up to $10 dates that we use...

Cheap as a FLooSY dates:
1) Redeem Airmiles for free meal gift certificates. This week I looked and they have the Keg, Earls & BP in $25 and $50 denominations.
2) Redeem Airmiles for movie tickets - you can even get ones with popcorn!
3) Find an Arcade that still charges a quarter a play - $5 each will take you a long way. Our best local spot is Castle Fun Park.
4) Never underestimate the power of your local coffee shop. Share a large coffee and a cookie (in addition to being cheap it's more lovey; just look at Lady and the Tramp). I find there's so much pressure to be romantic because you get so little alone time, but just relax and talk or try doing a crossword together instead. [Airmiles also has Starbucks Cards]
5) Make your favorite hot drink at home and go for a long walk. I don't know about where you live, but we have some beautiful trails around here. Being beside water or under trees reminds you of your larger priorities. It's like a reset button.
6) Go for a drive. You can make this more romantic by parking and necking. :0D
I said NECKING, you dirty birdie. {I feel I should state that this last part is just an idea. I have never taken part in above mentioned activities}

Okay, so I know it's only six dates, but if you only go on a date once every two weeks (which is optimistic) that will last you 3 months. Three months worth of dates for less than $20. Sounds like a deal to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment