Saturday, February 6, 2010

Roughing It - Homemade Laundry Soap 2.0, The Review

I finished up the bucket of powdered laundry soap I made, and only got 15 loads out of it.
It worked just fine, but was less cost effective than the liquid batch, and even though it was so easy to make, I would have to make it 6 times as often, which is not really easier in the long run.
I would use this recipe again if I needed something really quick, but not as a long term solution to my laundry needs.
I will try a new formula this week.
Also, my box of Oxy Clean, along with my fabric softener, is gone, so I will be trying out alternatives to those products.

A tip for the other housewives out there: I swear to you that doing one load of laundry a day will revolutionize your routine. Never do 5 loads of laundry in one day again. Never fold clothing for an hour straight. I start my load first thing after breakfast and fold it early afternoon. I learned this from Fly Lady http://www.flylady.com/ among other fabulous tips on how to stay sane.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your back! I'm going to check out fly lady. I like this site: http://www.totallytogetherjournal.com/
    [She's the crockpot lady - crockpot365.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete