Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Energize THIS

Have you ever used rechargeable batteries?
I used to think that they were a waste of money; that they would lose their charge after 5 times and they would only work for a few hours before needing to be plugged in again. But THEN I married a techie who has opinions on all things electronic and was swept away in the tide of technological advance. First he talked me into buying my very own "Mac" and then he {very high handedly} told me that we use rechargeable batteries.
I will save you the trouble of reading THAT dialogue and tell you that I graciously agreed, knowing that I might possibly be mistaken about batteries. As it turns out, I was.
In the three and a half years we have been married, we have purchased four AA batteries twice, and they are still working very well in a myriad of little gadgets around the house. They come in a lovely little charger that plugs into a wall outlet.
Cost effectiveness? * * * * Four Stars
Depends - regular price for 4 batteries and a charger is $25-$30, and for the batteries alone is $15. BUT, you can find them on sale for $20 and $11 respectively. If you get the sale price, and each set of four lasts between 1-2 years (they've lasted longer for us), I'd say that's pretty good value for money.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read "Living More with Less"? If not, you HAVE too!!! I'm reading through it right now and it has sooo many great $$ saving ideas! Plus general ideas on living more simply! Its a "hippie" Christian book... right up our alley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I forgot to say who the author is:Doris Janzen Longacre.. It is totally Mennonite, and yes it totally confirms the whole 'tight wad' stereo type, but this book gives moral, social and ethical reasoning's behind Mennonite way of thinking... very very enlightening!!

    ReplyDelete