Friday, March 12, 2010

If Organic is So Natural... Why isn't it Cheap?

Last night (THURSDAY), I had to go grocery shopping again because we ran out of produce and I can't eat much else. And I did my usual shop on Monday.
So I am a bit ripped off because our grocery bill is skyrocketing due to my Naturopath's instructions. How can I be frugal AND healthy?
I mean, you have no idea how frustrating it is to me that is cheaper to eat ALPHAGETTI or Noodle Soup, which are super processed and packaged foods, than it is to eat beans and rice, or fruit.
I try not to rant here too much, but DANG. DOUBLE POOP DANG.
Luckily this month I have a few opportunities to top up the grocery fund, but I can't help but think: In this RICH {and I mean REALLY REALLY RICH} country, why can't I afford to eat as God intended? Pure, wholesome, chemical free food?
Anyways, my friends, if you have the answer, enlighten me.
I will post again when my attitude has cleared up.
(Hmmfffph)

1 comment:

  1. Grow a massive garden, get a cold storage, a big freezer, and learn how to can and preserve food. Especially in your region where you have such a great growing season, you could come away with oodles of cheap food, in season and out.

    ReplyDelete