Monday, March 1, 2010

A Green Experiment

I am going to try and grow a few herbs.
If you know me very well at all, you will know that I am very adept at killing plants and may be inclined to laugh, but I feel a new phase coming on, so I am willing to try and see if my brown thumb has turned green.
I purchased chives and rosemary at $1.79 a packet, and Stevia at $3.79 a packet. It cost about $6 for some seed starter and I am going to look at BFM for pots today. But I am also going to try using the bottom of a 4L milk jug as a starter container. If I  get a decent crop of Chives and Stevia, will definitely make back my expenses within a few months, so I think it's worth a gamble.
But I also (... I wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew...) picked up onions and garlic for $2 a piece. I haven't decided yet how to plant them (in a container or the ground, but I would definitely make the money back if I can actually grow them.
Wish me luck... I am going to get started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment