Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24.... and Counting

Unnecessary Spending Status: $20 (I'm not telling)
Unexpected Income: $280
Amount Paid to date on that Beastly Credit Card: $976.68


Okay, so Saturday was my birthday, and my husband (in a rather Lordly manner) declared the gypsie challenge officially paused for celebratory purposes and SPOILED me ROTTEN for two whole days. Nothing truly outrageous, but quite a bit more than any gypsie in their right mind would spend on a given weekend without coming home with a piece of new furniture or something. He says we'll make it up by having an independent frugal day in February.


He took the whole house out for breakfast, took me VV shopping (anyone who knows me knows that this was quite exciting for me). Then he promised to buy me a bike (so, we haven't spent that money yet. We'll need to save it up in addition to the donations we received). Then we went out for dinner before we did our weekly dance lesson. It was QUITE the day! 


But, not very gypsie. The really wonderful thing about all of this, from a financial perspective, is that we had the money sitting in our account, and didn't have to charge up our credit card. And I love that. I want that to be the story for the rest of my life.


Well, only six days left!


Get out there and get frugal!


Love, Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment