Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stale Flour and French Fry Cravings

We got snowed in today with a foot of snow and some freezing rain. Where I grew up the only thing that stopped you was the cold. In Alberta, it's only after about -32 degrees Celsius that the school buses stop running. But on the west coast, life is different.
We have spent the day in the house and yard (the yard was abandoned after a frustrating attempt to convince my daughter that snow isn't 'dirt' and it's ok to get it on your clothing.). I sewed a bit. Napped a bit. Ate a bit.
But frankly, being indoors with a beautiful 2 year old and a snowed in husband has been less idylic that one would imagine.
And my whole wheat flour seems to have gone stale. For the last little while it has had a 'dusty' sort of flavor. And because I am currently a gypsie, we are still eating it. But what I REALLY want is MCDONALDS!! So when I would normally bake something filthily rich and fatty to distract myself from the trappedness, not so much today.
Ohhhhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment