Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Nine - The Sweet Stench of Temptation

OHhhhhh, the angst. 
I forgot about Sundays.
It is our busiest morning; stressful and hectic - which is ironic because it's 'the LORDS DAY' which would imply serenity.  My daughter wakes around 6, my husband needs to leave around 8, I make a communal family pancake & coffee breakfast, the boys leave around 9 and then I need to get us womens beautified, ready and out the door by 9:45 to make it to church on time (hit and miss on that part).
Long ago I learned that if I do not make a slow cooked lunch on Sunday morning, we go out for Wendy's or McDeath-to-your-bowels by default, because by the time we get out of church, it's usually around 1pm, and we are WAY too hungry to go home and select a recipe-thaw some meat-wait for it to cook. 
But due to the chaos of the holiday season, I was totally out of my groove this morning and COMPLETELY forgot about lunch. Until about 12:30, when my stomach started cramping.


OHhhhhhhhhh, the angst. 


I passed 3 of you on my way out of the front doors, wrestling intense temptation. Sure it's gypsie challenge month, I rationalized, but last night we got supper for free. Surely that would release me from my vow for one measly meal? Surely everyone would understand.


And I am sure you would've. But, dang it - I wouldn't. And I wrestled that beastly french fry craving to the ground and kicked it's cussing cuss cusssity cuss cuss (gotta love Fantastic Mr. Fox). We came home and made pizza. And I ate more than half of it. 


I am frugal. Hear me ROOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!
Cuss.


Spending Status: $67 (All necessary)
Unexpected Income: $156
Amount Paid this afternoon on that Beastly Credit Card: $470

No comments:

Post a Comment