Monday, January 4, 2010

DAY 4 and going STRONG

Alright, darlings.

Day four of the Gypsie Challenge.
Frivolous $ Spent?
Absolutely nothing.

Granted (and suddenly I feel like I am confessing), I used my Starbucks Gift Card once this week, and bought a coffee another time with money that had been given to me, but I am not really counting gifts as part of the challenge. Is that cheating?
Wait... I am the BOSS. I get to make the rules.
So, lets start that again.

In case you are wondering, fellow gypsies, gifts don't count in the challenge. Heh.

In other news, I made a transaction on the down low this evening. No names named, no faces seen. Just a farmer, his free range chickens and my hungry family. You can save around $2 a dozen (if you know the right people) on free range eggs by finding a local chicken farmer.

This gets 4 out of 5 stars because:
PRO - Eggs keep for months in a cold place. So when your supermarket eggs have a best by thats only a few weeks away? YOU ARE EATING REALLY OLD EGGS. When you go to a local farmer you guarantee yourself fresh eggs.
PRO - You are supporting local businesses. This is good. If you don't know why, pull your head out of your bottom and ask someone. After washing your hair. And possibly brushing your teeth.
PRO - You save money. And isn't that why you're here?
CON - It's less convenient to drive out of your way, with cash, to get them than it is to pick them up along with the milk and cheese.

3 comments:

  1. ok...where do I find this local chicken farmer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Where does this Farmer Joe you speak of live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew. old eggs....really!? you've just shattered my world.

    *leaves to vomit in own mouth*

    ReplyDelete