Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Supply List

I am currently 100 pages into the first book, called "Clean House Clean Planet" by Karen Logan, which was recommended to me by a friend who scrubbed my tub using baking soda and vinegar (my baby was 3 weeks old, and I hadn't been able to bend down far enough to clean the tub in about 6 or 7 months. It was gross.)
I am already confident enough in her so far to strongly recommend the book to you - I found it at my local library, and will purchase it when a bit of extra coin comes my way. Karen speaks in an understandable way and is easy to relate to because she's a mom trying to make bucks stretch farther and make her home safer. This book is ideal for the person who is interested in green cleaning/money saving and doesn't know where to start. She is a wealth of knowledge on why to make the switch, how to do it, and how much you'll save.

I have to make a few purchases before I am able to try her recipes, but here are the ingredients you will need:

Arm and Hammer Baking Soda (it doesn't clump as easy as other brands)
Heinz White Vinegar (it's less processed or something)
Lemon Juice
Borax (its in a green box in the laundry isle)
Liquid Soap (Vegetable Oil Based, Castile or Glycerine) - you can get Dr. Bronners Castile soap from our local health food store (the one in Walmart Mall is better), and it's good for more than cleaning - you can use it for LOTS of different stuff. I'll post about it another time.
Salt
Essential Oils (Like Tea tree, lavender, lemon & Peppermint) [optional]
And a few spray bottles, squirt bottles and shakers.

It's that simple. I would take time to read the book before you purchase the items you need, though, because she has lots of helpful and money saving tips on getting the right stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your blog. I do think it is time for tea again...so much to say, not enough space to write it :)

    ReplyDelete